What Is Black Mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum is type of often referred to black mold. Black mold produces allergens and irritants inside its environment. Reoccurring moisture such as water damage and condensation is a cause for mold growth. Staying out of areas containing mold both indoors and outdoors is almost impossible. Mold exists everywhere, the key is to know when it poses a threat. Let a professional take a look at your mold growth before you attempt removal on your own. Learn more about mold & what to do before help arrives on our website. It's necessary to treat every type of mold with caution. There are many types of mold, but the phrases "black mold and "toxic mold" are the most common. Any type of mold grows on material with a high cellulose content. Call SERVPRO of Doral today for a free mold inspection.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Doral immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (305) 594-2956
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Doral is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Virginia Gardens
- West Miami