Fire Damage Restoration Tips
Fire is extremely dangerous even if the after effects are not immediately visible. There are a few things that need to be known before entering the home after you have had a fire.
Always consult a fire marshal and ensure that it is safe to re-enter the home after fire damage. Even though you may want to inspect and see what survived the fire, you need to be safe for obvious reasons. Fire can cause the home to be extremely unstable and dangerous.
Immediately following the fire, call a Fire Damage and Cleaning Restoration Company to help assess the damage in the property and begin the clean-up process. A fire damage restoration professional can save a lot of money, time and keep your family safe when dealing with fire damage, but here are some things you can do before help arrives:
- Open all windows and doors to ventilate and help get the smoke out as much as possible.
- Cover any clean, unaffected pieces of furniture up with plastic to make sure they are not damaged in the clean-up process.
- Do not try to clean anything yourself. Soot and smoke that has set into the furniture and carpet can be dangerous.
- Don’t plug in any electronics. Call an electrician to inspect for any electrical damage from the fire.
- Throw out any open of possibly exposed foods that make have been contaminated from the fire.
Damage caused by a fire is devastating for your family and your home. It’s a stressful and confusing time, so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. Our professionals will always treat you with respect and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with great care.
SERVPRO of Doral has the water and fire damage training and expertise to help you through this tough time. Once the fire department leaves, your Miami Lakes home may suffer from water damage caused by firefighting efforts. We have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition.