Going a Little Greener
In honor of Earth day we have compiled a list of tips to help get a little greener.
1. Audit your energy use. Making sure to turn off lights when you leave a room or hang drying clothes on a clothes line will not only help you save money but it will help the environment as well.
2. Watch your water consumption. Like your energy use, monitor your water use to see where you can improve. Ensure that the water is not running while you are brushing your teeth, take shorter showers and fix leaky faucets.
3. Stop using disposable plastic bags. Buy or create your own reusable bags.
4. Wash laundry in cold water to help conserve energy.
5. Recycle. It’s never too late to start recycling. Paper, plastic, glass and aluminum can be recycled.
6. Grow your own vegetables, herbs and fruits. Plant some local flora.
7. Buy used before buying new. Check thrift shops and local buy, sell, trades for items you are looking for.
8. Use green household cleaners. SERVPRO of Doral has several green cleaning products and our corporate lab in Gallatin, TN continues to add more.
9. Purchase a reusable water bottle instead of disposable water bottles.
10. Ride a bike or walk to the nearby grocery store if you are able to.
There are so many things you can do to help the environment and your wallet. We hope that you can challenge yourself to implement 1 thing on this list to help become a little more ecofriendly. It may seem daunting at first so work on 1 thing at a time until it becomes a habit and go on to the next item on the list.
Happy Earth day!